Wednesday, June 12, 2013

brushing off the ol' blog

We're on the road again, which is funny in this case because I'm once again writing from my laptop in the car and we're once again driving to Chicago in order to catch a flight to Cartagena, Colombia. While this is familiar occurrence, there are some big differences... (1) I'm not writing a paper along the way (I sure don't miss homework one bit!); (2) Jachin and I are married this time around; (3) we get to enjoy the company of our friend KJ; (4) we're not flying Spirit Air; (5) but most importantly... we get to go be a part of a dear friend's wedding!:D We're very excited to celebrate with Michelle and Kike.

We'll fly tomorrow with Copa Airlines, with a short layover in Panama en route. When we bought our tickets, we imagined that we would be disappointed to leave that perfect, sunny MN summer weather... but seeing as we haven't enjoyed much of that yet following our endless winter, I'm all the more looking forward to getting off the plane to some humid, salty, hot air. We'll celebrate Michelle and Kike with all our might while we're in Cartagena, and enjoy some quality time with our friend Lindsey as well. Then on Monday we'll catch a flight back to Panama for an extended layover. We'll have almost six days to get to know a bit of Panama. And the best part of Panama?? We get to meet up with a our friends Dave and Angie, who will be catching a bus down from Costa Rica, where they live.

All the right ingredients for a great trip! And I just can't get over how novel it is that this trip is entirely homework-free. The books I brought with? All pleasure reading. Awe.some. But I'll try to share some stories and photos along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment